The holiday season is upon us, and businesses are facing more challenges than ever before to stay afloat. There are many great ideas about ways for customers to support businesses circulating social media, and another great way to help them thrive is for businesses to lift other businesses up. Here are a few ideas:
- To-go kits and pop-up shops: Think of local businesses that share a target audience demographic with you and consider your products or services that complement one another to find ways to offer them in new and convenient ways to consumers. Some ideas include pop-up shop events (if safe to do so) or to-go boxes of products.
- Show social love: Plan a weekly social post that shows some love to a fellow business in your industry. Share your personal experience working or partnering with them so it’s authentic to your followers. If you’re a small business, dedicated holidays like Small Business Saturday, held annually the Saturday after Thanksgiving, are great opportunities to do this.
- Write a review: If you have been a customer or client of a business, take a few minutes to leave a review on their Google My Business and/or Facebook listing to tell others how deserving they are of business. The next time a customer is searching online, your review just may sway them to frequent their business.
- Go live together: Plan a Facebook or Instagram live event with an owner of a business you have collaborated with or will in the future. Consider what service or products will benefit your audience and what your audiences have in common right now so that it’s successful.
- Tag and share: One of the simplest ways to show some digital love to fellow business owners is to tag them in your posts or reshare their posts to your own social platforms. It costs you nothing but goes far to help boost their following and engagement.
We are here to support businesses through this challenging time. If you need a hand navigating through, we would love to talk. Get a free one-hour consultation at ellingtondigital.com.