There comes a time in every successful business’s journey when leadership must decide if it’s time to outsource marketing efforts or hire a marketing professional within. It’s a big decision and one that should be celebrated because it signifies growth in the organization.
If you’re not quite ready to hire someone for a full-time position, choosing to partner with a digital marketing agency can not only benefit your bottom line but can be a great opportunity to expand your presence in big ways.
Here are five reasons you may want to consider outsourcing your marketing efforts.
- Profitability: Cost is undoubtedly the biggest factor that goes into making this decision. When you consider how much you would pay someone for the experience and the skill set you’re looking for, compare a salary versus how much you might pay an agency monthly. The latter is likely a lot less.
- Versatility in skills: The great thing about bringing someone in is that they are likely very talented at what they do. But wait; that could also work against you. When you work with an agency, you expand the marketing resources available to you without having to hire additional talent. For example, if you hire a content marketer, you will still have to look for someone else to build a website.
- Long-term relationship: Many organizations think that they have to bring someone in house to fully understand their brand and marketing initiatives. However, the longer you work with a trusted agency, the more they become like a team member. Plus, if you have a good relationship with them, there is no reason to worry about any issues handing things off later on if you decide to hire within.
- Established reputation: If you do your research, it’s likely that you can find a marketing agency that has an established reputation working with clients in your industry. This gives you an edge because you are accessing what the agency knows to be effective based on many clients instead of just one person’s resume.
- Cutting edge: When a marketing professional works for a single company, they often have to have a laser focus on that company’s needs specifically out of necessity. In the rapidly changing world of marketing, it’s beneficial to tap into the vast knowledge of many trends and platforms that a marketing agency has to possess in order to serve their clients.
If you’re still on the fence about whether or not you should outsource your marketing, we would love to talk about your big goals for this upcoming year. Contact us for a free one-hour consultation.