The year-end lull has arrived. As holiday shopping winds down and businesses wait for the new year to come along, things can get a little quiet on the digital marketing front. Not so fast! If you think this is a good time to bow out until 2023, think again.
It’s time to put the spotlight on the work you and your team put your heart into in with a year-end video. Not only will you create fun content that your followers will love and hopefully be inspired to share, but you will ignite the sense of pride that comes with being a part of your brand, whether as a customer or a team member.
If your wheels are feeling a little rusty, we’ve got you covered. Here are 10 ideas for year-end videos that are sure to get played:
- Express gratitude: Say thanks to all of the customers, team members, donors and anyone else who helped you put another year of business under your belt.
- Project roundup: Highlight projects you are particularly proud of from 2021. Ask your team to give input on the work they took pride in being a part of.
- New Year’s resolutions: Share your team’s 2022 resolutions as a fun way to show off the faces behind the brand in a relatable way.
- Holiday message: Wish clients and customers a happy new year in a simple, heartfelt greeting.
- Meet the team: Highlight new team members who have joined your workforce the past year and made your business even stronger.
- Event recap: Showcase events, meetings or tradeshows your team loved being a part of, even if they were virtual. Ask attendees to submit any video clips they took.
- Business partner love: Harness the spirit of community and show other businesses some love by highlighting those that you are proud to collaborate and share your industry with.
- 2022 teaser: Talk about upcoming plans for the new year and give a taste of big things that are in store with a few exclusive peeks behind the scenes.
- Top lists: Round up your best best-selling products, services, website articles or anything else that can be quantified.
- Let loose: When in doubt, get a little silly and create an unexpected video just for that purpose. Tell a joke, introduce your pets or share some bloopers from videos throughout the year.
While there are many ways to show off the past year in business, the most important thing is to not overthink how you do it. Remember why you’re doing it, to stay connected with your followers, and don’t forget to have a little bit of fun while you’re at it. Happy filming!
Need a hand rocking your videography for the upcoming year? Let’s create something great together. Get a free marketing consultation.